Saturday, February 13, 2010

Marinated Broccoli

Have you ever noticed that when you cook broccoli in a vegetable steamer, those little broccoli "buds" seem to get stuck all over the steamer basket? Drives me crazy. That's one reason why I love this recipe for crisp and tangy broccoli that doesn't need to be cooked. Another great thing about this recipe is that you can easily alter the ingredients to suit your preferences. I've made it with balsamic vinegar when I didn't have any red wine vinegar on hand. I also like adding a sprinkling of black pepper.


Marinated Broccoli

1/2 lb. fresh broccoli spears, washed
1/4 c. red wine vinegar
1/4 c. oil
1 to 2 small cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 tsp. dried dill (optional)

Place all broccoli in a large resealable bag. In a small bowl, thoroughly mix vinegar, oil, garlic, and dill. Pour over broccoli in bag; securely seal and then shake well. Refrigerate overnight or for several hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment